Controls Systems Software Engineer
Azusa, Azusa CA US 91702
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Job Description :
Sunbelt Controls is a leading full-service building automation contractor for new construction and retrofit projects in the Western United States. We provide complete, fully integrated, single-source solutions ranging from engineering applications and automated control systems to design assistance, sustainable maintenance service, retro-commissioning and energy rebate supported projects.
At Sunbelt Controls, we strive to lead the industry with building control products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost, which help our customers be more efficient and competitive in today’s world. While we have been around for over 30 years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace; our sales volume is forecasted to top $100 million by 2016.
This is an non-exempt/ hourly, technical position that will be responsible for the efficient programming, start-up, & commissioning of control systems for the project or projects assigned to them.
- Maintain regular communications with the on-site supervisor or area supervisor assigned as well as the SUNBELT Project Manager (PM) and customers as necessary to ensure a smooth and quality project installation.
- Help to maintain open communication and attitude amongst the teams as well as represent SUNBELT-DDC in a professional manner.
- Participate in all areas of our work to provide the highest customer satisfaction possible.
- Follow all company directed processes as defined and suggest areas of improvement to their supervisor that will help SUNBELT be a leading edge controls provider.
- Work in such a manner to maintain and/or follow our application/installation/commissioning process as it relates to their assigned project scope-of-work and our commissioning standards.
- Report deficiencies that impact our work to the area supervisor, and assist in rectifying the issues immediately and effectively communicating the lessons learned to their peers.
- Personally attend manufacturers technical training (e.g.: Automated Logic, 3rd party) on new products/technologies as well as all in-house training provided by SUNBELT-DDC as requested by their supervisor.
Job Requirements :
- Strong knowledge of building automation system functionality with a focus on how Direct Digital Controls (DDC) systems control all parts of the HVAC system.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC cooling and heating system design, functionality, and operation is critical for this role.
- Ability to write and develop programming for control of individual mechanical equipment and complete sequence of operations for entire mechanical systems.
- Ability to take ownership for their assigned projects and meet a SUNBELT completion schedule while working proactively with our trades.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and take direction in the field in the best interest of SUNBELT & the contract requirements. Must be able to execute their work within budget using all tools provided to ensure high customer satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable.
- Technical school training in mechanical, refrigeration or building controls is required. Proven exposure to mechanical systems and or system troubleshooting ability is a plus for this role.
Physical Requirements: include, but are not limited to :Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Sunbelt Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA M /F/Vet /Disability. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
At this time, Sunbelt is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Offer Relocation :
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)
To create a Job Search Agent, search our careers and save your search criteria as a Job Search Agent. It will then do the searching for you and e-mail those jobs to you!
View your current Job Agents.
Multiple Selection Tips: A: To select multiple preferences using a PC, hold down the 'Control' key while clicking the option with the mouse. To select a range, hold the shift key and click on the first and last options. B: Use the 'Command' key if you are using a Macintosh.