1. Glendale, Glendale CA US 91201
2. San Leandro, San Leandro CA US 94577
Job Type :
Career Level :
Engineering -> Project Management, Mechanical Integrity, Field Service, Estimating, Design
Job Description :
**Note: ACCO is unable to sponsor visas at this time.**
ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country and the company is employee owned.
Project Engineers at ACCO have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects including residential, retail, offices, schools, health care, arenas, and high tech manufacturing plants.
Under the direction of a Project Manager, Project Engineers spend a fair amount of time in the field leveraging design expertise to move installation projects forward. Success in this role will depend upon creativity and self-motivation as well as the ability to establish and maintain relationships with diverse external clients as well as internal customers at all levels of the organization. Project Engineers contribute to multiple projects of varying scope, complexity, and duration. Each project is unique, and will present new challenges and opportunities for professional growth.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
· Completing preliminary designs, proposal data, and costs.
· Collaborating with the Purchasing Department regarding price, delivery, and other specifications for purchased items.
· Coordinating installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other departments.
· Supervising jobs onsite as required including leveraging design expertise to solve operational problems.
· Assisting in writing letters, memos, contracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project.
· Forecasting and tracking labor, material and equipment costs.
· Other duties as assigned by Project Managers or Engineering leadership.
Job Requirements :
· BS in Engineering; Mechanical strongly preferred
· 3+ years’ experience in estimating, design, and completion of HVAC and/or Plumbing projects, ideally including some field/construction site experience
· Solid organizational and time management abilities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to listen proactively
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Individual must be a responsible person, able to multi-task and regular attendance is required, Monday through Friday with one hour for lunch. Eight hours per day is required. ACCO has an outstanding benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending and dependent care account options, 401K, education, paid vacation and holidays.
ACCO Engineered Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; AA M/F/Vet/Disability. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)