**Note: ACCO is unable to sponsor visas at this time.**
ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country and the company is employee owned.
At ACCO, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of "A-list" projects and recent projects include the California Academy of Science, Levi Stadium, Stanford University and multiple Tech companies. ACCO has been around for over 75 years, we’re emerging from the recession with dynamic growth, and our sales volume is forecast to top $700 million in 2013.
Because the company continues to grow, there are current opportunities for Project Engineers. In this role, you will contribute to projects for a broad range of facilities from residential, retail, and offices to schools, health care, arenas, and high tech manufacturing plants.
While this is definitely an engineering role, you will spend a fair amount of time in the field, taking a hands-on approach to moving your projects forward. Your success in this role will depend upon your creativity and self-motivation as well as your ability to establish and maintain relationships with diverse external clients as well as internal customers at all levels of our organization, particularly the Project Managers.
While you will work under the direction of a Project Manager, we will look to you to take an entrepreneurial approach and assume ownership of your goals. You will establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external contacts to achieve mutual objectives. Relationships are a crucial part of ACCO’s business model, as most of our new contracts come from existing, long-standing customers. Your success will depend upon your ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities. Each year you can expect to contribute to multiple projects of varying scope, complexity, and duration. Each project is unique, and will present new challenges and opportunities for you to grow professionally.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
· Completing preliminary designs, proposal data, and costs.
· Collaborating with our Purchasing Department regarding price, delivery, and other specs for purchased items.
· Coordinating installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other stakeholders.
· Supervising jobs onsite as required, including leveraging your design expertise in a hands-on capacity to solve emergent operational problems.
· Assisting in writing letters, memos, contracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project.
· Forecasting and tracking labor, material and equipment costs.
· Other duties as directed by partnering Project Managers or Engineering leadership.
· BS in Engineering; Mechanical strongly preferred
· 3+ years’ experience in estimating, design, and completion of HVAC and/or Plumbing projects, ideally including some field/construction site experience
· High sense of integrity
· Solid organizational and time management abilities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to listen proactively
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: 401K, health insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave, training support.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, M/F/D/V. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans and those qualified are encouraged to apply.